November is National Novel Writing Month!
The goal is to write 50,000 words by the end of November. (Learn more about this fun and painstaking goal at the NaNoWriMo website!)
Wrimos are almost two weeks into their novels by this point. We know it can get stressful. Maybe it’s starting to feel like the end is nowhere near? Well, we believe in our Wrimos! The goal may seem unattainable, but it is perfectly attainable.
The WLT is hosting NaNoWriMo related events all throughout the month. Feel more than free to stop by our office, meet other Wrimos, and write non stop!611 S. Congress Ave, Suite 130 Austin, TX 78704 512.499.8914
Friday the 13th Lockdown
Come join fellow Wrimos for a “killer” all-nighter on November 13 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. here at the WLT offices. We’ll also snack, socialize a little, and play a game or two. The 12-hour lockdown is a great way to boost your word count.
- Be a registered NaNoWriMo participant
- Be actively working on a novel
- Be 18 or older – this is required by the Writers League insurance company
- Plan to stay the whole twelve hours – that’s why it’s called a lockdown!
- RSVP to receive the secret password.
Space is limited.
RSVP is first-come, first-served. Once we’re full, we’re full. After that, we’ll start a waiting list. If you RSVP and then can’t make it, please let us know so someone else can take your place. Please don’t show up without the password!
What you’ll need to bring/do:
- Bring potluck snacks to share during the long, long night
- Wear comfortable clothes, and bring a sweater in case it gets chilly
- If you think you’ll need a nap, bring a pillow/blankie
- Bring headphones – please make sure the sound doesn’t bleed through
- Arrive by 7 pm if possible. We’ll post the phone number at the door for emergency late arrivals.
No drugs or alcohol allowed.
What we’ll provide:
- Liquids – sodas, water, tea, and coffee, ice (there is also a soda machine in the building)
- Extension cords and surge protectors (though it wouldn’t hurt to bring one if you have it)
- Tables, chairs, and one small couch
- Access to the internet for folks who just can’t write without it
- Access to the Writers’ League library
Last Chance Write-In
November 30 from 9 a.m. to midnight. Use your final writing hours wisely by spending them at our WLT offices.
Additional NaNoWriMo Support
If you are a WLT member who receives the official NaNoWriMo Certificate of Completion, the WLT will give you 50% off of the submission fee for WLT manuscript contest.