No matter what your genre or market, there’s a good chance that your work-in-progress has a romantic plot, subplot, or at least a sizzling or suggestive scene. But how do you put romantic dialogue or action on the page without being cheesy or turning off your readers?
Tonight’s panel promises to be especially lively as Willa Blair, Mari Mancusi, Shawnna Perigo, and Tracy Wolff discuss how they create love scenes that are tactful and/or titillating.
We’ll meet at 7pm at Book People on the third floor. Hope to see you there.
The WLT had another great Third Thursday “Build Your Buzz” panel on Aug. 19. Publicists/marketing mavens Marilyn Carter and Lisa Lawrence joined author Chris Barton for “Your PR Team.” Here are some quick outtakes (note the list of resources at the bottom of this post!):
- Tips for developing your marketing plan:
- Who’s your audience?
- What’s your product (book)?
- What’s your objective/purpose?
- What’s your elevator pitch describing you and your book?
- What media and information channels can Continue reading